Third wave behaviour – Christmas in our hearts
The pandemic third wave is here. Cases are once again climbing sharply – indeed, have jumped more than 30%.
There is a steep upward trend, and the third wave may be worse than the Spring. Our third wave behaviour can influence the seriousness of the problems.
On the positive side, the death count has stayed relatively low by comparison with the infection rate. It is a more encouraging aspect of the situation. However, Hong Kong’s fourth wave has already arrived, and a new variant of coronavirus has been identified in England.
A growing number of nations have banned travel from the UK in an attempt to stop a mutation of the virus crossing their borders.
We all know what antiviral behaviour is. Things like social distancing, online learning, washing your hands, these are now everyday norms of our conduct and actions. Late last year we wrote a long article about how schools are coping with the second wave.
But there is another positive, a range of measures that can be adopted to treat a variety of infections and viruses that will help make us stronger in the face of this threat.
According to one estimate, 25% of commonly used medicines contain compounds isolated from plants. Several plants could offer a rich resource as replacement, standing in for drug innovation and breakthrough of infectious diseases.
On the one hand, the latest separation techniques are available and scientists are investigating how natural plants can address health problems with fewer of the risks and side effects of conventional medicine.However, on the other hand, our civilisation is being challenged by the emerging and evolving infectious Covid-19.
Newly emerging infectious viruses have challenged the survival of humankind, particularly infections associated with human immunodeficiency.
A variety of therapeutic, medical plants have been shown to have the potential to treat a few virus-related illnesses, and some of them have extensive-spectrum antiviral activity.
This article explores potential antiviral properties and assets of medicinal plants, herbs, foods and supplements against a diverse group of viruses and suggests examining the potential of such plants for their wide-range antiviral effects against emerging viral infections.
Natural plants and herbs have powerful antiviral properties that can help support your immune system
- Does garlic kill bacteria and viruses?
- Oregano oil is one of the most powerful antibacterial essential oils
- Manuka honey is one of nature’s richest antimicrobial sources
- Garlic: Chemical compounds in garlic, antimicrobial activity
- Ginger impressive antiviral activity
- Ginger prevent viruses from entering host cells
- Antiviral properties of oregano oil
- Do lemons help the immune system
- Application of the antiviral properties of lemons to the virus on membranes in the nose and throat
- Castor oil stimulates the body to produce more antibodies as well as to kill viruses, fungi, bacteria and cancer cells
- Onions are packed with immune-boosting nutrients
Third wave behaviour – How to boost your immune system?
Our third wave behaviour can have a huge impact on our lives. There are many healthy ways to improve your immune system. Sleeping well, giving up smoking, regular exercise. We know this perfectly well, but often do not take control of our lives.
Often, the decisions seem to be made for us and the results are not what we would have chosen. Taking back control of our lives by making our own choices and judgements may stop us committing more terrible mistakes. Do not smoke. Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables. Exercise regularly. Maintain a healthy weight, drink alcohol only in moderation. Get adequate sleep. Take steps to avoid infection, such as washing your hands frequently and cooking meats thoroughly.
Only when we change our third wave behaviour (and beyond), every one of us, will we be able to get back to normal! In the midst of crises and trouble, we crave and yearn for the calm of normality.
Likewise, if the new normal is different from the old one, how can we pretend we are still dealing with the normal and usual?
Natural Anti-Viral Agents
- Green tea
- Olive leaf
- Castor oil
- Aloe Vera
- Extract of Aloe Vera leaves – has been previously reported to have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antiviral effects.
Some foods are natural antiviral agents
The easiest way to be happy is to help others
Trials show proof that unselfishness and altruism is hardwired in the brain. And it is enjoyable and satisfying. First help yourself! Third wave behaviour means looking after yourself.
t does not mean you do not care, are not compassionate.
It means you are wise enough to know you cannot support others if you do not help yourself first.
You are your own best doctor and your own best medicine. Our message is this: Follow guidance and common sense and pursue Natural Healing to improve your immune system.
Third wave behaviour – Natural solutions tackling health Inequalities
Can education reduce social inequality?
Social inequalities contribute to health inequalities. There are many ways to change our third wave behaviour, to enhance the immune system and to use an eco-friendly “olive green” approach, in order to improve health fairness.
Inequality in schools
Remoteness, isolation, loss or deficiency of family income and fear are all contributing to new mental health issues in children. or, aggravating existing ones. Many parents may be dealing with increased alcohol consumption and drug use, sleeplessness, and general anxiety. Reduced or lost take-home pay can have a major impact on children, including mental health, parenting and home situations.
- Many children do not get the education they deserve.
- Family of origin, gender, and social class impact equality of opportunity
- What causes inequality in education?
- It is time to raise our game
Mental health in schools
Unfortunately, mental health problems are growing in primary and secondary schools due to the difficult times we live in with Covid-19. Many young children suffer from body image disorders leading to great distress and depression.
- Understand mental health needs inside the school
- Mental health training
- Understanding the link between mental health and behaviour
- Mental health and behaviour in schools
- Signs and symptoms
Antiviral devices in your house
There are several antiviral devices, reasonably priced, that use ultraviolet light to kill viruses and bacteria, and also help the human body generate proteins that fight viruses.
- AIRVIA air purifier
- Portable UV-C Steriliser
- UV-C Sanitising Wand
There are hundreds of different proteins and amino acids which make up our human bodies, and they play a vital role in organ function and the immune system. Having the correct knowledge about these proteins, can make a big contribution to the health of our bodies and immune systems.
- Interferons are antiviral proteins synthesized by many kinds of somatic cells in response to viral infection
- The Pokeweed antiviral protein
- Zinc-Finger antiviral protein
- There are two major antiviral proteins that have undergone several tests for viruses, including HIV and influenza.
- These viral proteins control and influence viral gene expressions in the viral genome,
- Proteins also influence and adjust functions of the host cell, such as the regulation of genes.